Intertek Releases Workplace Conditions Assessment (WCA) 3.0
June 01, 2021
London: Intertek, a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide, is pleased to announce they have released an updated Workplace Conditions Assessment (WCA) programme. WCA provides a powerful, risk-based solution for companies and suppliers seeking to improve transparency in supply chain and drive improvement in workplace conditions in accordance with widely accepted social and environmental industry standards and best practices. WCA provides the technology tools, risk processes, data analytics and on the ground expertise to help brands make real time decisions, creating a sustainable, transparent supply chain.
Expectations from investors, business partners, non-governmental organizations and governments have never been higher for businesses to demonstrate respect for human rights and positively contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). And with regulatory bodies paying increasing attention to these issues, supply chain due diligence is becoming imperative for companies to avoid related reputational, operational, business disruption and litigation costs. WCA provides on-the-ground support and expertise to help companies manage supply chain due diligence specific to social and labor conditions, health & safety, environment, and business practices.
The updated WCA programme includes:
- Risk-based approach and program implementation guidance from Intertek experts, coupled with technology platform, where needed
- Better decision-making support based on comparable benchmarks and detailed data analytics and insights across the entire supply chain displayed via interactive risk dashboards
- Good corporate governance and ‘preferred supplier’ status for implementing a program that is in full accordance with social and environmental industry best practices
- Supply chain visibility and transparency with tools to identify high risk suppliers and focus resources effectively where it matters
- Community-based sharing model to reduce audit duplication and support in mutual recognition acceptance.
Calin Moldovean, Intertek President of Business Assurance and Food Services said, “I am very pleased with the updated WCA programme. The pressing issues of today’s supply chain involve working conditions, modern slavery, ethical behavior, environmental and sustainability efforts coupled with vast global value chains and complex business partners. The updated WCA programme is a great risk-based solution that integrates with many of Intertek’s supply chain services.”
For Media Information
Caitlin Connell, Director of Global Marketing, Business Assurance and Food Services
T: +1 978 614 0602
TOTAL QUALITY. ASSURED.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.