Webinar Downloads | Notification to the SCIP Database
As of January, 5 2021, companies supplying articles containing substances of very high concern (SVHCs) on the Candidate List in a concentration above 0.1% weight by weight (w/w) on the EU market will have to submit information on these articles to the EU database SCIP.
Notification to the SCIP database is a requirement under the EU Waste Framework Directive (2008/98/EC) with the aim to make information on substances of very high concern available to waste management companies and consumers throughout the life cycle of articles and materials.
EU producers and assemblers, EU importers and EU distributors of articles and other actors in the supply chain placing articles on the market are all affected by these requirements and should:
- Know which chemical substances their products contain and in what concentrations.
- Submit information on those substances to the SCIP database:
- Product identification
- Name, concentration and where the harmful substance is used
- Additional information regarding the safe use of the product.
Please download our complimentary webinar to learn more. During the webinar we will be discussing:
- SCIP – background, content and scope
- What the information requirements are
- How your organization can work systematically and efficiently to collect, report and maintain data.
By completing this form, you submit your information to the webinar organizer, who will use it to communicate with you regarding this event and their other services.