India – Toy Import Requirements Amended
Vol. 986 | September 08, 2017
On 1 September 2017, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry of India issued DGFT Notification No.26/2015-2020 to amend the import policy for toys under Indian Trade Classification (Harmonised System) [ITC(HS)], 2017.
The notification shall be effective immediately. Imported toys shall be accompanied with the following certificates:
- A Certificate that the toys being imported conform to the listed national toy standards:
- IS:9873 (Part 1) - Safety of Toys: Part 1 Safety aspects related to mechanical and physical properties (Third Revision)
- IS:9873 (Part 2) - Safety of Toys: Part 2 Flammability (Third Revision)
- IS:9873 (Part 3) - Safety of Toys: Part 3 Migration of certain elements (Second Revision)
- IS:9873 (Part 4) - Safety of Toys: Part 4 Swings, slides and similar activities toys for indoor and outdoor family domestic use
- IS:9873 (Part 7) - Safety of Toys: Part 7 Requirements and test methods for finger paints
- IS:9873 (Part 9) - Safety of Toys: Part 9 Certain phthalates esters in toys and children’s products
- IS:15644 - Safety of Electric Toys
- A Certificate of Conformance from the manufacturer that representative sample of toys being imported have been tested by an independent laboratory that is accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) India and found to meet the listed national toys standards. The Certificate shall also link the toys in the consignment to the period of manufacture indicated in the Certificate of Conformity.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com