Korea – Proposed Amendments to Safety Confirmation Annex VI for Toys
Vol. 932 | October 20, 2016
On 9 Sep, 2016, the Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) has issued Notice No. 2016-481 to propose amending the safety confirmation (Annex VI) for toys under the special act on safety management of children’s products.
The highlights of the proposed amendments are listed below:
- Clarify the toys scope and exemption.
- Strengthen the safety requirements and add labelling and instruction requirements for battery operated toys and battery operated ride-on toys (reflect new version of ASTM F963 standard).
- Strengthen the safety requirements for hazardous chemical materials and change the corresponding test methods.
The migration of elements from toy materials requirement is proposed to be amended from 8 elements to 19 elements (to reflect EN-71 Part 3, 19 certain elements).
- Addition of Tris(2-chloro-1-methylethyl)phosphate and Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate, making four flame retardants in organic chemicals requirements.
- Addition of microbiological safety requirements for liquid filled toys.
For more information, please contact:
852 2173 8637