Taiwan – New BSMI Certification Requirements for Soft Carriers
Vol. 1139 | March 19, 2020
The Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI) of Taiwan has approved the new certification requirements for soft carriers.
Soft carriers shall be tested according to CNS 16006-2:2017 Child use and care articles - Baby carriers - Part 2: Soft carriers.
For conformity assessment, products shall follow either:
- Batch-by-Batch Inspection (Type Approval); or
- Registration of Product Certification (RPC) Scheme, which involves:
- Product type-test by BSMI or BSMI-designated laboratories;
- Product registration at BSMI; and
- Declaration of Conformity issued by the manufacturer or importer
The BSMI will accept certification applications from 1 July 2020. Both domestic and imported products to be marketed in Taiwan shall comply with the above requirements from 1 January 2021.
For additional information please contact:
+852 3760 6361