Argentina – Publishes Authorization Requirements for Food Contact Materials and Articles
Vol. 994 | October 13, 2017
On 21 September 2017, the National Administration of Drugs, Foods and Medical Devices (ANMAT) of Argentina published Disposition 10088-E/2017 on the authorization requirements for food contact materials and articles.
It entered into force on 9 October 2017.
The highlights for the importers are as below:
- The authorization from the National Institute of Food (INAL, the delegated authority of ANMAT) shall be applied before marketing.
- Each authorization issued by the INAL shall be identified with an authorization number and date of issue, having a validity of 5 years.
Renewal of the authorization can be requested until the day before the expiry date.
Other authorizations issued before the enforcement of Disposition 10088-E/2017 shall remain valid.
The importers shall carry out quality control test in accordance with the requirements of the Argentine Food Code (CAA) and may carry out such controls based on a risk management analysis.
The importers presenting the marketing authorization or certificate of free sale in compliance with the ANMAT requirements, with or without analysis protocol by the following agencies of the exporting countries, are considered acceptable.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA, the United States)
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA, Canada)
- The reference bodies of the European Union and Japan
For more information, please contact: email@example.com