China Approves New Mandatory Safety Standard for Children’s Footwear GB 30585-2014
Vol. 777 | July 17, 2014
The General Administration of Quality supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) and the Standardization Administration Committee of the People’s Republic of China (P.R.C) approved a new mandatory standard, GB 30585-2014 Safety Technical Specification for Children’s Footwear, which will take effect on January 1, 2016.
The requirements in the standard are applicable to footwear worn by children under 14 years of age and where the shoe size is not larger than 250 mm, excluding children’s vulcanized shoes. The standard provides product classification, technical requirements, testing methods and assessment criteria that children’s and infant’s footwear must meet.
- Infant footwear is defined as footwear not larger than 170 mm in size to be worn by an infant under three years of age.
- Children’s footwear is defined as footwear between 171 and 250 mm in size to be worn by a child above 3 and under 14 years of age.
Physical and Mechanical Requirements
- The product shall not have protruding sharp nail tip, accessible sharp points, sharp edges or broken needle.
- On infant shoes, attachments shall be able to withstand 70N or higher pull force and detachable components shall not be a small part.
- Shank shall meet GB 28011.
- Effective heel height shall not be greater than 25 mm.
Odours shall not be greater than Grade 2.
- Hexavalent chromium, degradable toxic aromatic amines, formaldehyde, heavy metals (including arsenic, lead and cadmium), Dimethyl fumarate (DMFU), N-Nitrosamine and phthalates are restricted from use in children’s and infant footwear.
Note: The above information is based on drafted GB 30585-2014, which is approved but not officially published. The content of standard is subject to changes on the final publication.
Shanghai Ms.Dora Tang
Tel: +86 21 6091 7076
Guangzhou Ms.Liu Hui Li
Tel: +86 20 2820 9274
Tianjin Mr.Howard Xing
Tel: +86 22 8371 2820
US Ms.Megan Liu
Tel:+1 847 871 1034
Zhejiang Grace Sun
Tel.：+86 574 8791 9575