The e-Stewards® Standard for Ethical and Responsible Reuse, Recycling, and Disposition of Electronic Equipment and Information Technology Version 4.0©
The e-Stewards® Standard has been designed to serve recyclers, re-furbishers, asset managers, processors, refiners, and re-deployment companies criteria for globally responsible recycling and refurbishing of electronic equipment.
The e-Stewards® Standard was established by the Basel Action Network (BAN) in partnership with leaders in the recycling industry. Its purpose is to provide appropriately rigorous, yet practical operational criteria for globally responsible recycling and refurbishing of electronic equipment.
Benefits of the e-Stewards® Standard to your organisation and your customers
A Management System designed to:
- Ensure that your clients’ data is destroyed before any equipment is reused, refurbished or recycled.
- Adhere to the best recycling practices, managing electronic waste to protect employees and the environment
- Responsibly manage toxins, including tracing all toxic materials downstream
- Follow ethical labour practices
- Legally and responsibly export in accordance with international law
- Cover all facilities and operations in each country under one certificate
Who should get certified to the e-Stewards® Standard?
The e-Stewards® Standard is meant for members of the electronics value chain including recyclers, re-furbishers, asset managers, processors, refiners, and re-deployment companies Businesses looking to reduce data risk and their environmental footprint should consider e-Stewards® certification.
More Information about the e-Stewards® Standard
e-Stewards® Standard solutions are delivered by SAI Global, an Intertek company.