Food Contact Regulatory Services
Intertek helps companies achieve local, regional and international compliance with food contact material regulations.
Food contact materials are intended or have the potential to come in contact with food. When these materials come in contact with food, there is the possibility of the chemical substances migrating from the food contact material to the food, which could be potentially harmful to human health. In response to this issue, many countries have implemented food contact regulations to ensure food safety. Companies must ensure their products comply with the applicable food contact regulations to keep their products on the market.
Intertek's global team of professionals ensures comprehensive regulatory support for fast track and cost-effective approaches to enter new markets, introduce new products and comply with changes in existing regulations. Our decades of experience guarantees extensive knowledge of all aspects of food law, and our strong communication network with local and regional governmental authorities is a competitive advantage for our clients. In addition, our full-service, analytical GLP/GMP and material testing laboratories are fully equipped to support your global regulatory strategies. We specialize in a variety of areas related to Food Contact regulatory requirements:
- Customized global strategy for Food Contact Notifications
From design of migration testing protocols to dossier preparations and full notification programs, we will customize each project to meet your needs:
- Overall and specific migration studies (monomers, additives, heavy metals, technical adjuvant)
- Impurity profiling
- Complex formulation identification
- Extractables and leachables determination
- Safety risk assessments provided as part of the food contact notification package
- Best solution for toxicity testing covering relevant markets
- Food contact consulting on interpretation of current food contact legislation and regulation worldwide
- Preparation of food contact petitions and notifications for submission in the European Union (EFSA), USA (FDA), Japan (JHOSPA), South America (MERCOSUR), Canada, Australia, Switzerland, China, Philippines, South Korea and other countries
- Preparation of opinion letters on compliance status, including analysis and evaluation of new formulations or consumer goods in contact with food followed by a detailed statement on compliance.
- Liaison with worldwide regulatory agencies on a company’s behalf when needed
- Food contact chemical testing and analysis with state of the art analytical equipment
- Analytical screening of critical substances (aromatic amines, solvents, BADGE/BFDGE/NOGE, phthalates, etc.)
- Analytical methods design & development for NSF certifications and notifications
- Educational Services
- Education for your employees on regulations relevant to your business
- Training courses conducted by experts that can be customized for your specific needs as in-house training or at customer’s sites
- Supply Chain Services
Acting as a third party in the value chain to help bring new products to market, we will coordinate information between business partners, evaluate formulations to ensure regulatory compliance
Related Food Contact Services:
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Food Contact Regulatory Services.