Your privacy on Intertek.com
This website is administered by Intertek. We are committed to ensuring that you feel secure when visiting our site and that we care about maintaining your privacy. This policy aims to provide you with an overview on how we protect your privacy and describes the information we may hold about you and how we use it.
What information do we collect?
Information gathered on our website can come to us in the following ways:
- When you voluntarily supply contact information such as name and email address, demographic information, mailing address or billing information. This may come from registration for an event or request for white papers, an order placement or satisfaction surveys. Such information may be held on our databases to help us manage our relationship with you more efficiently; whether it’s to fulfil your requests on a job or project, provide you with material you might be interested in, support products or services you have obtained from us or to personalise your experience while you navigate through our website.
- Through our Internet access logs. When you enter Intertek.com your Internet protocol (IP) address is automatically collected and is placed in our Internet access logs. The data is statistical in nature and can help us to diagnose problems with our server, administer our web site or help identify you.
How do we use this information?
We mostly use it to tailor our website, products and services to meet your needs. Analysis of the data can help us identify what is effective and what could be improved upon. Any use of data for other purposes would be described to you at the point we collect the information.
Do we share the information with outside parties?
Intertek does not sell this data to other parties. As a global organisation we do share the data within the Intertek Group and with our advisors. Situations when this occurs include;
- Transfer of data to other Intertek companies in order to fulfil customer requests
- Transfer to third party agents and subcontractors, on behalf of Intertek, to fulfil customer requests. Access is provided only on the information needed to fulfil the request and may not be used for any other purpose.
- When required to satisfy any regulatory, governmental or legal requirements. Disclosure of information may be necessary for any legal actions against anyone violating our Terms and Conditions or to protect the Intertek Group.
Intertek takes appropriate steps to ensure the security of your data, implementing measures to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information provided to us. We use a combination of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and firewalls to protect transmitted information and keep the database secure, in addition to running tests to help identify any threats or potential security issues.
Learn more about Intertek in our What We Do section. Read the Intertek.com legal disclaimer