The Platform is operated by Intertek Group plc (we, our, us), a company having offices at 25 Savile Row, London W1S 2ES with registered number 4267576. Our VAT number is 672 7639 96.
- What Information Does The Platform Collect?
- How Do We Use The Information Collected?
- Do We Use Your Information For Marketing Purposes?
- How and When Do We Disclose Information To Third Parties?
- What About My Own User Generated content?
- How Do I Change My Information And Communications Preferences?
- What About Third Party Information Collection Techniques?
- What About Security, Storage and International Transfer?
- Safe Harbor Privacy Principles
- What About Contacting You or Us For Information Or To Make A Complaint?
1. What Information Does The Platform Collect?
As a User, we may collect and process the following data from and about you:
- Information collected as part of any registration or interaction with the Platform, through information collection forms, or provided to us in meetings, correspondence or over the telephone. This includes information included within comments that you post on the Platform. The typical information that we collect includes your display name (which may be a pseudonym or your name), title, name, gender, date of birth, address, e-mail address, password, phone number, preferred language, preferences or other relevant contact details.
- Demographic information, such as information about your industry sector, that is not identifiable to you personally. We may collect this information through various forms and in various places on the Platform.
- Information collected as part of your visits to the Platform.
- Details of your use of products or services used in connection with the Platform.
- Details of any e-mail correspondence or any other social media interactions that you have with us.
- Cookie or other tracking information collected.
3. How Do We Use The Information Collected?
3.1. We may use your information that we collect about you:
(a) to improve the Platform, our products or services, to customize your experience on the Platform, or to serve you specific content that is most relevant to you;
(b) to contact you with regard to your use of the Platform and, in our discretion, changes to the Platform and/or Platform's policies;
(c) for internal business purposes;
(e) to provide you with information, products or services or process transactions that you have requested or agreed to receive including sending to you electronic newsletters, or providing you with marketing materials;
(f) to enable you to participate in a variety of the Platform's features;
(g) to process your registration with the Platform, including verifying your information is active and valid;
(h) to identify you as the author of any comments that you send to us to be posted on the Platform;
(i) to ensure that content on the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
(j) to provide you with information relating to any events held by us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
(k) to provide you with access to your personal account.
3.2. To make the Platform more interesting and useful to you, the information that we collect from you when you use the Platform or request further products or services may be used for our own advertising and market research purposes.
3.3. We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as aggregated user statistics, with third parties, including through third party applications such as Google Analytics. Please refer to section 8 below for further information for third party information collection techniques.
4. Do We Use Your Information For Marketing Purposes?
4.1. We may use your data to contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about products, events and services which may be of interest to you. We will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out from this should you not wish to receive such information.
4.2. We may permit selected third parties to use your data to contact you by e-mail with information about products, events and services which may be of interest to you, provided that you have provided us with your consent to do this. If you do not want us or third parties to use your data in this way, please notify us of your wishes by e-mail or on the form on which we collect your data.
4.3. We may also contact you by phone or standard mail, depending upon your preferences.
5. How and When Do We Disclose Information To Third Parties?
5.1. We may share the information we have collected about you, including personal data, as follows:
(a) we may employ the services of a third party to help us in certain areas, such as in relation to e-mail marketing, call centres or website hosting. In some cases the third party may receive your information;
(b) we may share the information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Platform or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other organisational change, including, during the course of any due diligence process; and
6. What About My Own User Generated Content?
7. How Do I Change My Information And Communications Preferences?
7.1. Upon request, we will remove your personal information from our Platform and/or our database. Users are also advised that upon written request you may access and/or request that any erroneous information about you be corrected.
7.2. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration.
7.3. You may cancel or modify your communications that you have elected to receive from the Platform by following the unsubscribe instructions contained within an applicable e-mail.
8. What About Third Party Information Collection Techniques?
9. What About Security, Storage And International Transfer?
9.1. The Platform and the information is stored on a host server located in the United States.
9.2. We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your personal data. However, no data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Platform and provide us with your information at your own risk.
9.3. When you sign up to the Platform, you may also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, email address or password of another user at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or access to your password.
9.4. Please be aware that information we collect, including your personal data, may be transferred to, processed and stored outside of the EEA. The data protection laws in such jurisdictions may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your personal data may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely, including entering into appropriate data transfer agreements. By using the Platform or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer to, and processing and storage of your information in, these jurisdictions.
11. Safe Harbor Privacy Principles
If you choose to provide Intertek with your information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States. Intertek adheres to the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access, and Enforcement, and is registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Program. Intertek will internally assess its policy and practices to ensure continuous compliance with the requirements of the Safe Harbor Principles.
For European Union and Swiss residents, any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of your information should be directed to Intertek by sending us an email at WebAdmin@Intertek.com or by contacting Human Resources.
To learn more about the Safe Harbor program and to view Intertek's certification, filed under its United States parent company Testing Holdings USA, Inc., please visit http://export.gov/safeharbor/.
12. What About Contacting You or Us For Information Or To Make A Complaint?
12.1. If we need to contact you, we will do so by post or e-mail sent to the e-mail address provided by you. You must notify us if you change your e-mail address.
12.2. If you would like to contact us for any further information or to make a complaint, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Version 1.1 Effective: August 1 2013