Surface analysis measures microscopic features and microstructures to nano-scale dimensions
Surface and structural materials analysis includes microstructural characterisation of materials, including polymers, films, coatings, geological and mineral samples, pharmaceuticals, raw materials, metals, plastics, ceramics, glass, food, dust, contaminants and other sample types.
Intertek surface anlaysis expertise includes particle analysis and identification, such as the elemental analysis of solid samples, detection of impurities and identification of physical and chemical defects. Surface sensitive analyses also includes thin film analysis, depth profiling, penetration studies, and cleanliness studies. The surface science laboratories provide analytical expertise to support research, forensic, troubleshooting, quality control and more.
Surface and microstructure analysis:
- Scanning Electron Microscopy, SEM
- Atomic Force Microscopy, AFM
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy, XPS
- Transmission Electron Microscopy, TEM
- Image Analysis
- Scanning Probe Microscopy, SPM
- Optical Microscopy Analysis
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy, AES
- Nano-Materials Analysis and Research
- X-Ray Diffraction Analysis (XRD)
- Cryo-EM Imaging
- SSIMS Static Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (Surface-SIMS)
- Vertical Scanning, Phase Shifting Interferometry
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Surface Analysis.