Weathering Ageing Testing for Plastics and Polymers
Weathering, environmental exposure and accelerated ageing testing for polymers and composites.
Intertek provides accelerated ageing testing of polymer and plastic materials and products. During their life time, plastics are exposed to all kinds of environmental impacts such as light, humidity and temperature. Our experts test the resistance of polymeric products against environmental impact, weathering, temperature, humidity, repeated sterilization or UV/ Xenon exposure. The polymer materials or products will be exposed under defined conditions to heat, UV, and other stress to determine its critical properties before and after exposure.
Weathering standards for plastic and polymer ageing testing:
- Accelerated weathering by QUV - ASTM D4329, ASTM D 4587, ISO 4892
- Materials weathering tests by Xenon Arc - ASTM G155, ISO 4892, ASTM D2565, ASTM D4459
- Elevated temperature testing on properties of plastics by deterioration
- Accelerated ageing of automotive materials by Xenon Arc - SAE J2020, SAE J1885, SAE J1960, VDA 75202, PV3929, PV3930
Visit our web page for more automotive materials ageing testing click here.
Chemical exposure services:
- Chemical resistance testing for polymers and plastics - ASTM D543
- Effects of liquids on elastomers - ASTM D471
- Environmental Stress Cracking Resistance ESCR test - ASTM D1693
Environmental simulation / conditioning:
- Moisture absorption of composites - ASTM D5229
Different accelerated exposure tests may be used depending on product type and application. Intertek is able to tailor ageing tests to follow customized procedures where suggested. For more information or to talk with one of our polymer experts please contact us via the details on this page.
Plastics and polymer testing:
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Weathering Ageing Testing for Plastics and Polymers.