Consulting and Technical Services
Through our global network of offices and laboratories in over 100 countries, Intertek offers innovative food advisory solutions of your systems, products, and processes.
Intertek offers the following food solutions:
- Food Scientific and Regulatory Consulting
- Research, data resources, and expertise in food, packaging, and consumer behavior.
- Traceability Implementation of food content, structure, formulation and additive compounds, including vitamins, minerals, botanicals, nutraceuticals, antioxidants, polyphenolics, and batch integrity.
- Training personnel in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Auditing techniques, implementation of standards, development of safety policies, procedures, and identifying potential risks from both food and its packaging.
- Evaluation of food ingredients to determine GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) status of chemicals or substances added to food under the conditions of its intended use as designated by the American Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Standards Development of both HACCP and GMP plan for compliant implementation according to universally accepted CODEX Alimentarius guidelines.
- Risk Assessment and Management of potential hazards including any foreseeable / alternative uses of product to minimize risk during production, support brand protection and save both time and money invested.
- Food Physical Safety Analysis to determine whether the physical properties of food products and food packaging have the potential to create a hazardous condition for airway obstruction, the potential for injury in the event of an injury and the effect of their characteristics that may mitigate any of this injury potential.
- Quality and Safety Systems Management of comprehensive food safety policies / procedures.
- Proactive Product Development for safety, legality, quality, nutritional and environmental value.
- Food Packaging and Utensils analysis of materials, package stability, trace chemical migration, package leaching, food contamination issues, flavor degradation issues and more.
- Food Contact Services
At Intertek, it is our mission to provide not only the one-stop-shop you seek for all food services, but also establish a trusted partnership with your business, consistently adding value and increasing your competitive advantage in the industry.
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Consulting and Technical Services.