OHSAS 18001 Certification
OHSAS 18001 helps your organization systematically minimize the risk of accidents and work-related illnesses.
Keeping your employees safe on the job is critical. One of the most efficient methods for planning and managing your safety program is an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS).
The internationally-recognized OHSMS standard, OHSAS 18001:2007, works with your organization's existing management system to introduce a systematic approach to occupational health and safety, assessing workplace hazards and implementing preventative measures as part of day-to-day operations. Certification to OHSAS 18001 can help your organization more easily demonstrate compliance with both current and future occupational health and safety laws.
OHSAS 18001 is an international occupational health and safety management system specification. It follows the structure of ISO 14001, requiring top-level commitment to compliance with legislation, prevention of accidents, promotion of good health and continual improvement. The OHSAS specification is applicable to any organization that wishes to:
- Establish an OHSMS to eliminate or minimize risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to activities with OH&S risks
- Assure compliance with its own OH&S policy
- Demonstrate such compliance to its stakeholders
- Implement, maintain, and continually improve an OHSMS
- Make a self-determination and declaration of compliance with this OHSAS specification
- Seek third-party independent certification of its OH&S management system
- Internationally recognized and accepted standard
- Easily assessed with existing management systems
- Skilled auditors who are trained for various systems
- Consistency in audit methodology
- Duplication of similar elements of each standard is avoided
With Intertek as your auditing and certification partner, you'll get much more than a certificate. You'll gain valuable tools to reduce documentation, identify cost savings, and avoid loss of production. Our knowledgeable experts function as an extension of your management team, helping you build a strong OHSMS and promote a culture of workplace safety.
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with OHSAS 18001 Certification.