AS9110 Certification - Requirements for Aviation Space and Defence Maintenance Organisations
AS9110 certification helps your aerospace organisation implement a quality management system that leads to improved performance.
AS9110 is a standard that defines the quality system requirements for organisations whose primary business is in the aircraft industry at all levels of the maintenance, repair & overhaul (MRO) process. It is focused on the control of repair schemes and maintenance plans, configuration management, and the skills and qualifications necessary to perform MRO tasks within the aerospace community.
Based on ISO 9001 but with nearly 100 additional requirements specific to the aerospace MRO industry, AS9110 provides suppliers with a comprehensive quality system focused on areas directly impacting product safety and reliability, such as:
- Discusses civil aviation authorities and where in the standard that those requirements apply
- Defines terms unique to the MRO industry such as maintenance, technical data, human factors, and release certificates
- Expanded requirements for personnel conducting MRO task
- Addresses the qualification of new maintenance processes
MRO must meet the requirements of the Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Part 43 & 145, the Civil Aviation Administration of China and the European Authority for aviation safety. This includes approvals, ratings, licenses and permits. MRO also needs to have approvals for certain types of repairs, rated on the specific airframe and/or engine platform, and carry the appropriate regulatory certificates.
Benefits of AS9110 Certification for your organisation:
- Reduced costs due to improved product reliability
- Better process control and flow
- Better documentation of processes
- Greater employee quality awareness
- Reductions in product scrap, rewords, and rejections
Intertek is a global AS 9110 registrar and leading provider of aerospace certification services. We have the Total Quality Assurance experience your organisation needs to meet the expectations of aerospace OEMs, prime suppliers, and other key stakeholders in the aerospace industry, while adding value to the organisation.
Other AS 9100 series standards
Related Aviation, Space and Defence Solutions
Need help or have a question?
- +44 (0) 116 296 1620
- +61 1300 046 837
- +46 8 750 03 33
- Asia Pacific
- +86 21 50273066