Textile and Apparel Inspection
Intertek provides comprehensive services for all of your textile and apparel inspection, testing and certification needs to help you deliver the highest-quality products.
With more than 1,200 inspectors around the globe, and 700 in China alone, Intertek’s pre-shipment textile and apparel inspections are conducted by seasoned experts to evaluate your products both pre- and post-production. Intertek’s textile and apparel inspection services help you identify varying levels of defects in your product, including:
- Critical Defects – hazardous or unsafe conditions or non-compliance with regulations, includes sharp points or edges, stray needles left in the garment, loose studs or missing suffocation warning labels
- Major Defects – overall product failure or reduced usability of the product that prevents it from being placed on the market, can include open seams, holes or broken stitches
- Minor Defects – unlikely to reduce product usability, includes items such as loose threads
During textile and apparel inspections, Intertek conducts the following:
- Fabric Check – assesses weight (sweaters), print quality, defects, hand feel to standards
- Garment Labeling – to ensure label contains all required information, including registered identification number (RN), country of origin, fabric content/care and attachment of label in the proper location
- Workmanship Assessment – evaluates stitching, construction, attachments and fasteners, embellishments, shading within a garment, pattern continuity/matching, tapes and linings
The textile and apparel inspection procedure also ensures that fabric width, fabric length and fabric appearance (weaving quality, splices, odors) comply with the relevant standards and regulations during the production process.
Prior to shipping, Intertek textile and apparel inspectors review the packaging list to ensure it includes overall carton count and carton numbers, carton dimension and weight, shipping label, style or shade identification and corresponding counts in the carton and packing slip.
Once the carton is packed, Intertek confirms the actual
garment count, the carton is packed as specified, appropriate carton dimensions
are displayed, poly bags are checked, hangtags are included to confirm
SKU/price, barcodes are included and the garment shade identification is
In addition to our Textile and Apparel Inspection program, Intertek also offers the simplicity and convenience of our Passport Express Inspection Program, which features a standardized inspection program that offers online convenience for scheduling inspections.
Intertek also provides comprehensive Textile Auditing services that assess the quality, procedures and systems of each facility, textile factory and mill.
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Textile and Apparel Inspection.