Quality and Performance Mark
Intertek’s Quality and Performance Mark will help you demonstrate your commitment to product quality.
Intertek's Quality and Performance Mark is designed to give manufacturers a point of differentiation in the marketplace and consumers peace of mind about their product purchases. The Quality and Performance Mark was created to help manufacturers demonstrate their commitment to product quality and performance. To consumers the mark is third party, validated proof that a product meets or exceeds key purchasing criteria.
The benefits of the Intertek Quality and Performance Mark encompass many segments, including:
Manufacturers and Retailers
- Differentiate product
- Protect and deliver on brand promise
- Build trust and brand reputation among consumers
- Gain buyers support and trust
- Broaden market from early adopters
- Support of independent third party to validate marketing claims
- Means to validate sourced product components (manufacturers) or product lines (retailers)
- Reassurance as to quality and performance
- Aids in navigation among product choices and features
- Independent verification which will lead them to the right product choice
- Validate and spread the use of new technologies
- Proactively champion good values (supply chain validation, green practices, etc.)
- Further support association programs through a consumer facing performance mark
- Additional level of performance builds on programs
- Benchmarked level of quality assurance for industry
How the Quality and Performance Mark Works
Choose from five baseline quality tests; meeting or surpassing the baseline allows you to post the results on advertising, on the web and in other marketing materials. The five test areas include:
- Durability: Evaluates the range of conditions a product can handle and continue to function.
- Functionality: Evaluates performance of a product’s main functions & features under normal use
- Life Cycle: Basic function in ideal conditions to a specified end of life (How long it lasts in normal operation)
- Usability: Assess ease of use for the intended tasks.
- Workmanship: Verify a product’s physical characteristics as indicators of high quality fabrication and handling techniques.
Once the Quality and Performance Mark is issued, the certification is good for one year; there are no follow up services requirements.
In addition, specific manufacturer claims can also be tested through a sixth test called CheckPlus Performance. Once validated by Intertek, the claims can be described in your advertising, point-of-purchase and on the product and packaging to differentiate the product from competitors.
For more information on the Intertek Quality and Performance Mark, please see www.IntertekCheck.com.
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Quality and Performance Mark.