In Vitro Testing Services
In vitro safety testing for chemicals, cosmetics, medical devices and textiles.
Intertek's In vitro testing laboratories offer a range of cell based biological and non-biological chemical reactivity assay methods for safety and toxicity testing of raw materials and finished products from a range of industries with a particular focus for chemicals and personal care products. In vitro test methods are important as alternatives to animal testing and are key to safety assessment activities.
Safety and Toxicity in vitro testing on chemicals, cosmetics, medical device and textiles:
- ECVAM protocols for skin irritation and skin corrosion
- Direct peptide reactivity assay (DPRA) methods for skin sensitisation
- OECD protocols : OECD 428, OECD 431, OECD 439, OECD 471 and more
- Percutaneous passage, Diffusion cellls
- Efficacy in vitro testing on cosmetics and ingredients such as support for marketing claims including:
- Elasticity / Anti-Stretch
- Solar protection SPF
- In Vitro Oral Care Product Evaluation
- Hair Care Safety