Intertek's engineering services offer world-recognized expertise in the fields of engineering and litigation support to the energy, petrochemical, power generation, chemical, and construction industries.
Managing risk and the reliability of power plant and petrochemical equipment is challenging. Intertek’s engineering experts provide value-added and customized engineering services through specialization in asset integrity management and life management of infrastructure, facilities, and equipment.
Intertek Asset Integrity Management (AIM) engineering services (formerly Aptech) offer solutions to industry by using advanced technology and world-class expertise to solve problems and gain a competitive edge. Our unique AIM program combines the understanding of process properties with a detailed knowledge of materials and equipment. These services help our clients minimize costs, improve efficiency, meet safety standards, and ensure that installations conform to operational and design parameters.
Key benefits include:
- reliability, availability and maintainability of equipment
- understanding of asset condition and aids maintenance planning and optimizes inspection costs
- improved safety and reduced risk to site staff and visitors
- improved efficiency of asset management which impacts the bottom line
- enhanced plant operations, performance and increased profit
- optimized sparing and plan replacements so as not to interrupt facility production
- compliance with corporate and industry regulation and legislation
- improved personnel know-how and expertise
We have carried out a wide range of projects encompassing the evaluation of systems and equipment to the Power Generation (nuclear, fossil, renewable) and Petrochemical (upstream, midstream, and downstream; pipelines; and chemical) industries. Additionally, we have performed significant projects in the areas of Forensic Sciencies and Litigation Support.
Around the globe, our projects have raised the performance of our clients’ assets so their facilities are performing at optimal capacity. This is achieved by offering unparalleled engineering service, using industry best practices driven by the latest technologies, and innovative strategies.
The following key services are offered:
- Design Review, Finite Element Modelling
- Risk and Reliability Assessments
- Metallurgy, Corrosion, Failure Analysis
- Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
- Inspection (Advanced Technologies) and Maintenance Strategies
- Operational & Process Support
- Condition Assessment (FFS)
- Process Safety and Mechanical Integrity Services
- Forensic Engineering and Litigation Support
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Engineering Services.