Certificate of Conformity for Exports to Saudi Arabia
For all exports to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia a Conformity Assessment Programme has been implemented. All products require a Certificate of Conformity also referred to as a SASO CoC to enable them to be cleared through Saudi Customs.
Intertek supports The Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI) in Saudi Arabia by being a service provider for its Conformity Assessment Programme.
The Saudi Arabia Conformity Assessment Programme, which covers all goods, has a number of key objectives:
- Protection of public health
- Consumer safety
- National security
- Protection of religious and public morals
- Protection of environment
- Prevention of deceptive practices
Every consignment of imported goods must be accompanied by a Certificate of Conformity from an authorised inspection agency. Intertek is authorised to issue the Certificates of Conformity (CoC). They are needed to ensure customs clearance of shipments and confirm that the products comply with the relevant Saudi technical regulations and national, regional or international standards.
All imported consignments must bear a non-removable indication of origin. Those that do not will be held by Saudi Customs and the Importer will be asked to take corrective action or provide an undertaking that the offence will not be repeated. Failure to do so could result in a fine or goods being returned to their country of origin. For full details, read the complete Circular by Saudi Customs on Country of Origin Marking.
Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity and other services:
- Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in France
- Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in Italy
- Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in Spain
- Certificates of Conformity and Pre-Shipment Inspection Services for Exporters in North America
- Government and Trade Services - Terms and Conditions
- Governments and Trade Services A to Z
- Exporting to the Middle East
- Saudi Arabia Petroleum and Chemical Testing
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Certificate of Conformity for Exports to Saudi Arabia.