Product and Shipment Certificates of Conformity to Saudi Technical Regulations and Standards
Product and Shipment Certificates of Conformity for Exports to Saudi Arabia
The Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organisation (SASO) has introduced new guidelines for Product Certificate of Conformity, and Shipment Certificate of Conformity based on the consignment pre-shipment inspection report.
SASO has published a list of Technical Regulations for various products covering Lube Oils, Detergents, Building Materials and Construction Products, Paints, Lifts, Vehicle Spare Parts, etc., which include also the GSO G- Mark directives for Toys, LVD for Electrical Products as well as Energy
Efficiency Ratio. Products covered by the Technical Regulations are referred to as Regulated Products.
The Conformity Assessment Process for the Regulated Products is a two stage process:
Stage 1: Product Certification of Regulated
Products as per the applicable product certification defined in the relevant Technical Regulation.
Stage 2: Shipment Certification:
Once a Product Certificate of Conformity has been issued, every shipment which includes the Regulated Products will be verified whether valid Product Certificate of Conformity exists for that product and if found to be true, will be subject to the required inspection process and be issued with a Shipment Certificate of Conformity.
The Intertek Solution: helping you export to Saudi Arabia:
- Intertek has a global network of accredited offices covering most of the Technical Regulations
- Intertek operated the Saudi Conformity Assessment Programme for over 20 years issuing more than 2 million certificates.
- Our staff are experts on Saudi Standards and requirements, as well as understanding the needs of exporters and importers.
- Intertek has one of the world’s largest networks of laboratories, authorised to test to Saudi requirements including Electricals, Chemicals, Cosmetics, Toys, Automotive goods and many others.
- Intertek Certificates are recognised and trusted by the authorities in Saudi Arabia.
Need help or have a question?