Intertek Conducts One-Day ChemicalWatch Food Contact Regulations Training Course
September 27, 2018
Intertek, a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide, will be hosting a one-day ChemicalWatch Food Contact Regulations Training Course taking place in Brussels, Belgium on November 20, 2018.
Food contact regulatory requirements around the world are complex and challenging to navigate. Often, different regions (US, EU, China, South America, etc.) have unique notification requirements for new food contact substances, in addition to varied compliance specifications for food contact materials.
Join Intertek's HERS expert Sarah Saminadin Peter, Manager Strategic Development, Food Contact (EMEA), as she offers expert guidance pertaining to global food contact materials compliance during her one-day training course. This course has been designed to provide attendees with an overview of the requirements and the risk assessment process required to achieve compliance with current food contact regulations.
Specific areas covered include:
- Compliance approach for assessing polymer material including plastic, silicones, coatings, rubber
- Cross comparison between EU, FDA, Mercosur and China
- EN1186 overall migration testing according to the test conditions specified in Commission Regulation (EU) No 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food
- EN13130 specific migration testing according to the test conditions specified in Commission Regulation (EU) No 10/2011 on plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food
- Regulation (EU) 10/2011 and article 3 in Commission Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food
- China GB 4806 & GB 31604 series of tests
- Testing performed against United States FDA 21 CFR and Preparation of Food Contact Notifications testing protocols
- Usage of recycled materials
If you are a stakeholder in the food contact materials supply chain (chemicals or packaging sectors, material suppliers or a brand owner), then staying up to date on FCM legislation is key to gaining and maintaining market access. To register for the event, please visit: events.chemicalwatch.com/
To learn more about our food contact services within the larger Intertek organization, please visit: intertek.com/regulatory/food-contact/
Total Quality. Assured.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
For Media Information:
Global Marketing Manager
T: +1 905 542 2900
For Technical Information:
Sarah Saminadin Peter
Manager Strategic Development, Food Contact (EMEA)
T: +49 711 27311 257