Core Analysis Services
Core analysis for exploration and production.
Intertek provides core analysis laboratory services for the determination of basic petrophysical properties of drilling cores and outcrop samples. Routine and more specialized core analyses are offered, including special core analysis (SCAL), CT Scanning and unconventional reservoir evaluations for determination of reservoir properties. Core evaluation specialists work with all types of Oil and Gas related cores from around the world, and have years of industry experience.
Core evaluation and measurement:
- Source Rock Analysis
- Special Core Analysis (SCAL)
- Core Gamma Log: Correlates to Downhole Gamma Log. Component Log (Ur, K, Th) provides comparisons with Core Characteristic such as Mineralogy and Fractures
- Core Photography: Provides permanent, visual Documentation of the Core. UV photography can assess Hydrocarbon Distribution
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanning for Surface Analysis
- Core Slabbing Services
- Core Preservation and Storage
- Analysis of Unconventional Reservoirs: Including Fractured, Unconsolidated, Gas Shale and Coalbed Methane
- Wellsite Core Capture and Logistical Support
- Porosity: Defining Reservoir Storage Capacity
- Grain Density: Calibration of Density Logs
- Horizontal Permeability: Defining Flow Capacity, Permeability Distribution and Profile
- Vertical Permeability: Evaluates Gravity Drainage Potential, Coning Probability, and Seal Effectiveness
- Residual Saturations: Measuring Presence and Types of Hydrocarbons Present
- Connate Water: Evaluation of Appropriate Drill Muds
- Water Salinity: Aids in Correlation of Electric Logs and Assessing Degree of Flushing by Drilling Fluids
- Lithology: Provides Rock Description, Texture, Structures, and other key information
- Petroleum Core Analysis
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with Core Analysis Services.