Wireless Network Security, Compliance, and Testing
Wireless networks provide an easy way of offering Internet or network access to guests and roaming staff, and allow organisations to enable networking where traditional cabling is not viable. Increasingly, wireless networks are being regulated and assessed through compliance standards such as PCI DSS and Government Code of Connection.
There are several areas to consider when implementing or managing a wireless network to ensure security:
- Is the network open to intrusion or abuse from an external perspective?
- Is the wireless network adequately segmented from the rest of the network?
- If the network was compromised what information could an attacker obtain?
- Are guest users able to elevate their access rights to those of a corporate user?
- Is it possible to connect rogue access points to the network?
- Does signal leakage represent a threat to your organisations security?
Intertek NTA’s wireless test will consider these areas and provide assurance that the deployment is secure.