Various NDT Technician positions
Job Title: NDT Technicians
Job Category: Industry Services
Job Location: Australia: Various
About the company
Intertek is a leading quality solutions provider to industries worldwide. With a network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 41,500 people in more than 100 countries, Intertek adds value for its customers by helping improve the quality and safety of their products, assets and processes.
Asset Integrity Management (AIM) Services is part of the Industry Services Global Business Line, and it includes NDT, Materials Testing, Specialist Services, Failure Analysis, Welding Services, Engineering Consulting and software services.
About the role
Reporting to the National Operations Manager, this role will be pivotal to sustaining business with key clients, applying advanced NDT methods, specifically Phased Array UT and advanced Eddy Current to critical equipment, in line with Intertek policies and procedures, client quality standards and National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) requirements.
With great emphasis placed on accurate, and error free reporting, this role would ideally suit a process driven, self-managed technician, who prides themselves in their high attention to detail. The role will be servicing clients Nationally.
The right candidate, along with competitive casual rates and upskilling and additional training in NDT and Inspection Methods.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Performing NDT within company, client, and regulatory standard, with accuracy, and in manner which results in positive customer feedback, and meets internal audit requirements
- Ensuring that all work undertaken is carried out in a timely and cost effective manner
- Ensuring Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) standards are maintained, and that all work areas are free from risk to persons, equipment, and the natural environment by identifying, assessing and controlling workplace hazards
- Assisting Intertek in developing and improving Environmental policies and procedures that lead to improvement in Environmental performance
- Ensuring that all work activities meet relevant legislative requirements as outlined by NATA
The essential requirements of this role include:
- Experience in NDT
- Demonstrated written and oral skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage own workloads
- Continuous improvement mind set and a strong customer focus
- ISO 9712 Level 2 certifications in one or more of the following advanced methods:
- Phased Array
- Time of Flight Diffraction
- Eddy Current
- Radiography (including licence)
- AINDT (ISO9712) Level 2 in Magnetic Particle Testing essential
- Employment subject to proficiency testing.
Candidates with IRATA would be preferred. And include the following basic methods:
- Magnetic Particle
- Dye Penetrant
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Experience in working with ISO Quality Systems
- Proven performance in team situations
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Tertiary qualification in a technical discipline
How to apply, who to contact
Only applicants with an existing right to work in Australia will be considered.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "NDT Technician".