Full time Analytical Chemist role in Melbourne.
Job Title: Analytical Chemist
Job Category: Caleb Brett
Job Location: Melbourne
About the company
Intertek is a leading quality solutions provider to industries worldwide. From auditing and inspection, to testing, training, advisory, quality assurance and certification, Intertek adds value for its customers by helping improve the quality and safety of their products, assets and processes. With a network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 41,500 people in more than 100 countries, Intertek supports companies' success in the global marketplace, by helping customers to meet end users' expectations for safety, sustainability, performance, integrity and desirability in virtually any market worldwide.
Cargo & Analytical Assessment (CAA) business provides quality and quantity measurement, inspection, and laboratory testing services to the global oil, gas, petrochemical, petroleum refining & distribution, natural gas, biofuels, marine, and chemicals industries.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a highly enthusiastic and self-motivated Analytical Chemist to join our analytical team.
The laboratory is located in Melbourne's inner west and is unique in its capabilities and services offered. The position falls within the Chromatography group, is full time and requires a dedicated person, strong in team work and flexibility to achieve set targets. Experience in chromatography (GC, GCMS and HPLC) is highly desirable for this role.
You will be responsible for sample preparation and analysis of a wide range of matrices, from pharmaceutical samples to industrial, including method development and validation. Pharmaceutical experience and knowledge will be advantageous, as well as method development and validation.
Responsibilities will include routine and non routine analysis of samples, sample preparation and instrumental analysis. You will also be required to partake in laboratory housekeeping, maintenance and quality matters, including calibration of equipment and documentation review.
The position, reporting to the Laboratory Manager, will be expected to adhere to laboratory safety procedures, maintain laboratory standards and work within our guidance.
The ideal candidate will posses
- Sound understanding of all GxP activities and regulatory requirements within a TGA/FDA regulated laboratory
- Experience in the demands of commercial laboratory environments
- Experience in chromatography (HPLC, GC and GCMS)
- Experience in method development and validation (ICH,USP and BP/EP requirements)
- Qualifications in chemistry
- Strong work ethic and the ability to be flexible
- Participate in the development and achievement of team goals and workload requirements
- A solid understanding of MS Office suite, internet and email
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills and self motivation
- Ability to work unsupervised Sensitivity in dealing with confidential information
- The candidate must be able to provide evidence of their right to work in Australia
Intertek is a global organisation which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions as essential and values each employee's contribution toward achieving its business objectives.
Remuneration & benefits
You will enjoy:
- A salary package commensurate with experience.
- Access to the Intertek Australia employee benefits program, which includes;
- Corporate health insurance plans.
- Corporate banking options.
- Intertek's employee assistance program.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Analytical Chemist".