Sample Preparation Technicians
No FIFO Required - 7 Days on 7 Days Off - Perth Based
Job Title: Sample Preparation Technicians
Job Category: Minerals
Job Location: Maddington WA
- Tired of FIFO? Perth location. Home every day. Work-life balance!
- Compressed rotating (day/night) roster – Even time 7 on 7 off (12 hour shifts)
- Competitive Salary
- Immediate start available
About The Role
An exciting opportunity is available for entry level & experienced candidates to join our team at our state of the art facility in Maddington WA. Sample Preparers prepare mineral samples for laboratory analysis by operating machinery which crushes, splits, pulverises raw mineral samples. Full on the job training is provided to kickstart your career.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Sorting samples,
- Weighing samples,
- Drying samples,
- Operating mills, splitters and crushers,
- Bagging samples, and
- Following all Intertek policies and procedures, including regarding safety, production, quality and human resources.
The roster is a compressed, rotating, even time roster including both day and night shifts. 7 days on, 7 days off, day shift from 6am – 6pm, and night shift from 6pm – 6am. Applicants should be available and able to work both shifts. Sample Preparation is a dusty environment, and Sample Preparers are required to work in environmental temperatures.
It’s an exciting time to join Intertek Minerals as we experience significant growth across our business. We’re looking for committed and reliable individuals with a positive attitude and enjoy being part of a team.
Applicants must possess the following:
- Ability to perform rotating shift work and 12 hour shifts
- Ability to travel to and from Maddington
- The ability to work as part of a team,
- The ability to perform manual handling, stand for long periods and regularly lift 15 – 20kg safely.
- Previous experience in Sample Prep is highly regarded.
Intertek is a global organisation which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions as essential, and values each employee’s contribution towards achieving its business objectives.
You will enjoy:
- A salary package commensurate with experience
- Access to the Intertek Australia employee benefits program, which includes;
- Corporate health insurance plans
- Corporate banking options
- Intertek’s employee assistance program
About The Company
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
How To Apply, Who To Contact
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include an up-to-date resume. Only applicants with an existing right to work in Australia will be considered. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
Intertek Australia supports a diverse workforce, and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the LGBTQI+ community.
For further information please visit the Intertek website at www.intertek.com/australasia/.