Sample Preparers Required – FIFO Nullagine WA
2 Weeks On 2 Weeks Off Roster
Job Title: Sample Preparer
Job Category: Minerals
Job Location: Nullagine WA
About The Company
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 47,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The Minerals Division have successfully secured a new contract, to operate and maintain sample preparation laboratory on a mine site in WA. Reporting to the Sample Preparation Leading Hand, working 2 weeks on 2 weeks off the team of 2 Leading hands and 16 Sample preparers will be responsible for operating and maintain a high volume, dry sample preparation process on site.
- 12 hour Mine Site Based Shifts
- 2 weeks on 2 weeks off swing
- Sample Prep experience advantageous
These positions will be high intensity, and physically taxing, fitness for manual work on site is essential. The role will be to process a high volume dry, crush, splitting of samples before shipping back to Perth (client location) from site. Time management will be important in this fast paced site laboratory.
You will be responsible for completing these Laboratory tasks:
- Perform sample preparation, of mining samples on a daily basis, ensuring key turnaround times and quality guidelines are met
- Perform basic maintenance and operational functions on the equipment and instrumentation as required
- Maintain quality services to our client in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Follow all documented procedures to ensure adherence to corporate quality systems
- Conduct general cleaning and maintenance of the laboratory areas
- Ensure safety procedures are followed in accordance with Site, State and local guidelines
Experience / Skills / Experience
- High attention to detail required
- Experienced sample preparers are encouraged to apply
- Be able to carry out the above-mentioned sample preparation steps in a safe and effective manner
- Be able to complete a fitness for work medical and police clearance
- A “can do” attitude, with a value in teamwork, communication and respect – essential!
How To Apply, Who To Contact
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.Your application should include an up-to-date resume. Only applicants with an existing right to work in Australia will be considered. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
Intertek Australia supports a diverse workforce, and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the LGBTQI+ community.
Intertek Australia https://www.intertek.com/australasia/