Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your career, while gaining international exposure and having an impact on everything from buildings to consumer goods?
Job Title: Sustainability Manager
Job Code: HERS2059
Job Category: Sustainability
Job Location: London - UK - Remote
- Experience of life cycle assessment using one of the internationally recognized software systems (GaBi or Simapro)
- Knowledge of GHG, water, waste or other ESG requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn technical subject matter quickly
- Excellent numeracy as required for science-based LCA, science based targets and other ESG related data
- Work with teams across multiple worldwide locations to execute project deliverables
- MS Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel) skills
- Ideally some knowledge of products, production, supply chains, to help understand the products being modelled in LCAs
- Understanding of the sustainability context of LCA, such as corporate responsibility and ESG
- Experience with: LCA, GHG, carbon accounting, science based targets, circular economy
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in LCA, GHG, ESG and/or corporate sustainability reporting, but accepting candidates with 5+ years. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Post Secondary Degree in: Sustainability, Engineering, Sciences preferred
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Intertek is actively looking for an energetic technically-oriented person to join our team of sustainability consultants. In this role you will work with a global team of engineers and sustainability consultants solving client's sustainability problems and delivering on various types of projects and lead with technical delivery of LCA projects and other sustainability projects such as corporate carbon, carbon neutral, recyclability and other environmental issues. Ideally you would also be able to support thought leadership on broader ESG trends.
This role will report in to a regional manager or director, and will require a self-motivated, independent working person who is comfortable working remotely with global contacts, running projects, interfacing with clients and building relationships. Strong candidates will have an opportunity for rapid growth and become sustainability leaders in Intertek and in the global business landscape. The candidate must have enthusiasm for keeping up with what is happening in the sustainability world to stay abreast of client needs.
Intertek’s passionate and entrepreneurial culture inspires employees to be Ever Better, to own and shape their future, whilst giving them the freedom, power and tools to develop a learning and development pathway that is unique to them. From their unique Skills for Success management and leadership development programme, which enables employees to gain skills and recognised qualifications to deliver 10X Performance, to Learning Leadership Labs that allow a learning experience for new and future leaders to support innovation and engage their people through collaborative quality conversations, Intertek has amazing opportunities waiting just for you!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a CV, Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and Salary Expectations to email@example.com . All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the country before starting employment.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within four weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies