EMC/RED Head of Approve Body
Do you have the passion and technical drive in Radio? Are you a person who thrives working in a diverse team and able to take on a journey? If you answered yes to the above, we want to hear from you!
Job Title: EMC/RED Head of Approve Body
Job Code: ELE1966
Job Category: Electrical
Job Location: Leatherhead
- Great working knowledge of ISO/IEC 17065 and ISO/IEC17025
- In-depth technical knowledge within the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Regulations 2016 and The Radio Equipment Regulations 2017
- Ability to read and understand, interpret, and develop new procedures for new standards / regulations.
- Background in electrical engineering or science-based subject
- Ideally have come from a manufacturing or Lab environment/Certification Body
- Time management and able to work at pace, to ensure deadlines are met on time
- Strong communication, both written and verbal to build effective relations with key stakeholders/clients
- Good knowledge of general office IT software and databases
ABOUT THE ROLE
The EMC/RED Head of Approve Body will be an extensive specialist, with a hands-on technical skills and knowledge for the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Regulations 2016 and The Radio Equipment Regulations 2017 to UKCA marking and Intertek proprietary Marks to interpret and support client requirements through various certification activities. This is an exciting role for an individual to join a growing and thriving team, where you will have potential to evolve, learning new technologies and take your career to the next level. At Intertek, we pride ourselves on encouraging self-promotion and support internal moves.
- Advise Management on International Certification Agreements and Conformity Assessment Policy
- Act as an expert within the Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Regulations 2016 and The Radio Equipment Regulations 2017
- Source of Technical expertise across a range of standards and be technically proficient
- Helps to conduct technical inductions, training plans and on-going coaching & development.
- Conducts Technical File assessments against the Regulation(s)
- Build effect and long-term relations externally and internally
- Influence and promote best practice, to encourage best outcomes for the business
Intertek’s passionate and entrepreneurial culture inspires employees to be Ever Better, to own and shape their future, whilst giving them the freedom, power and tools to develop a learning and development pathway that is unique to them. From their unique Skills for Success management and leadership development programme, which enables employees to gain skills and recognised qualifications to deliver 10X Performance, to Learning Leadership Labs that allow a learning experience for new and future leaders to support innovation and engage their people through collaborative quality conversations, Intertek has amazing opportunities waiting just for you!
- Global pioneers in the Quality Assurance industry, they are the only company in the world that delivers – on a truly global scale – a fully integrated portfolio of Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification services.
- Located in 1,000+ laboratories and offices across the world.
- Our innovation-led, end-to-end Total Quality Assurance (‘TQA’) proposition helps organisations operate safely, effectively and with complete peace of mind in an increasingly complex, fast-changing world across all industries.
- A focused strategy and culture that gives employees the right platform to grow and develop their careers
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Development and career opportunities
- Working in a highly motivated team and dynamic working environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a CV, Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and Salary Expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org . All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the country before starting employment.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within four weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies