Petroleum Cargo Inspector
Do you have a good academic background in science or prior inspection experience? Are you interested in a practical role that is semi-autonomous, requires working outside and partnering with market leading companies in the Petrochemicals industry?
Job Title: Petroleum Cargo Inspector
Job Code: CB1574
Job Category: Cargo Inspection
Job Location: Immingham
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Intertek Caleb Brett UK are looking for a Petroleum Cargo Inspector to join their operation at Immingham. You will be joining a thriving team, while attending sea-going vessels and client storage sites to take measurements and draw samples. You will be working within our on-site laboratory to perform analysis & calculations, ensuring our clients receive an independent, accurate and complete report of material quantity and quality both before and after custody transfer. This role is due to growth of the success of our business and we are looking for you to be able to work in a collaborate manner.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with relevant legislation and industry standards
- Complying with internal and client specific operating procedures and standards
- Attending client sites and sea going vessels to perform inspection duties and supervise the transfer of bulk cargo
- Conducting analysis of samples in accordance with client instructions, industry & accrediting body standards
- Management, analysis and reporting of data
- Communication with third parties both internal and external; coordinating operations
- Excellent relationship building skills and strong communication
- Maintenance of work areas and equipment
(Candidates should be aware that the role does require certain physical demands such as working at height, at sea, over water and within confined spaced).
Standard working pattern for this role will be 200 hours per month following a local shift pattern consisting of 12 hour day and night shifts (4 on 4 off) and will require flexibility from the role holder based upon when the vessel arrives at the designated terminal/ jetty. Working weekends and public holidays will be required (an allowance and lieu days are payable). Both internal and external training is required with industry standard qualifications available and a fully funded company car will be provided.
- Industry relevant CCNSG safety passport or IOSH
- Background in science or prior Inspection
- Chemistry knowledge is preferred though not essential as full training will be given
- Carry out physical demands including climbing vertical access ladders and negotiating vessel gangways
- Ability to gain knowledge of relevant standards and perform the practical
- Good IT literacy skills (MS Office)
- Hold a valid driving license
- Willing to work unsociable hours including weekends and bank holidays.
- Able to work with limited supervision
Intertek’s passionate and entrepreneurial culture inspires employees to be Ever Better, to own and shape their future, whilst giving them the freedom, power and tools to develop a learning and development pathway that is unique to them. From their unique Skills for Success management and leadership development programme, which enables employees to gain skills and recognised qualifications to deliver 10X Performance, to Learning Leadership Labs that allow a learning experience for new and future leaders to support innovation and engage their people through collaborative quality conversations, Intertek has amazing opportunities waiting just for you!
- Global pioneers in the Quality Assurance industry, they are the only company in the world that delivers – on a truly global scale – a fully integrated portfolio of Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification services.
- Located in 1,000+ laboratories and offices across the world.
- Our innovation-led, end-to-end Total Quality Assurance (‘TQA’) proposition helps organisations operate safely, effectively and with complete peace of mind in an increasingly complex, fast-changing world across all industries.
- A focused strategy and culture that gives employees the right platform to grow and develop their careers
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Development and career opportunities
- Working in a highly motivated team and dynamic working environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a CV, Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and Salary Expectations to email@example.com . All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the country before starting employment.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within four weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies