Laboratory Equipment Manager
Do you have knowledge of the Chemical and Pharmaceutical industry especially with respect to system qualification process? Do you have knowledge and application of appropriate systems and procedures relevant to Laboratory Equipment Management, including USP 1058, GAMP and Data Integrity (knowledge of FDA, EMA and MHRA requirements) with experience of management and leadership in this area? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company? Do you want to work for a company that rewards performance? If you answered yes to all of the above, we want to hear from you, as we have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Equipment Manager to join our dynamic team based in Manchester
Job Title: Laboratory Equipment Manager
Job Code: CP1885
Job Category: Pharma
Job Location: Manchester
The Laboratory Equipment Manager will have the accountability to ensure that all requirements involving equipment management, maintenance, calibration and compliance of analytical systems within the facility are performed. It will be necessary to provide guidance and support to existing team members and support staff as well as members of the Operational teams. Responsibility for adherence and improvement to the existing adopted lifecycle approach to Equipment Management within IPSM will be essential.
- Strong communication and influential skills will be required in order to collaborate with members of the Asset Care team Facilities group and Operational team
- Proactive in problem solving and able to formulate focused solutions using own skillset with an understanding of Client expectations (internal) and how these impact both the business and the external clients.
- Analytical instrumentation and equipment within the lab, work is varied and requires a good understanding of functionality for a wide range of vendors and techniques.
The role is a permanent full-time role based at Hexagon Tower, Blackley, North Manchester where the site offers a variety of on-site amenities including a gym and restaurant. In addition to generous paid annual holidays we proactively support work life balance for all our employees by operating flexible working opportunities.
Intertek rewards its people equitably for their responsibilities, performance, potential and contribution to the business. This includes for every employee an enhanced Maternity & Adoption Benefits package of up to 16 weeks full pay, flexible solutions for returning to work, a Pension scheme and life assurance package up to 6 times annual salary. Aligned to their 10X Energies, which help define their winning behaviour, they also recognise and reward their employees via a colleague to colleague recognition programme.
- General Qualification in an appropriate subject at Degree level with suitable experience in Equipment Management/Asset Care.
- Good working knowledge of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industry, especially with respect to Equipment Qualification process and compliance, contract management, and vendor liaison.
- Knowledge and application of appropriate systems and procedures relevant to Equipment Management, including USP 1058, GAMP and Data Integrity (knowledge of FDA, EMA and MHRA requirements).
- Safety procedures, regulatory standards and general laboratory practices.
- Excellent IT literacy and numeracy skills.
- Strong communication and influential skills in order to collaborate with key members of Facilities group and Operational teams.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work schedule and manage junior staff in Asset Care team but provide input to all staff within Facilities group or Operational teams as required to facilitate interaction in line with Asset Care requirements.
Intertek’s passionate and entrepreneurial culture inspires employees to be Ever Better, to own and shape their future, whilst giving them the freedom, power and tools to develop a learning and development pathway that is unique to them. From their unique Skills for Success management and leadership development programme, which enables employees to gain skills and recognised qualifications to deliver 10X Performance, to Learning Leadership Labs that allow a learning experience for new and future leaders to support innovation and engage their people through collaborative quality conversations, Intertek has amazing opportunities waiting just for you!
- Global pioneers in the Quality Assurance industry, they are the only company in the world that delivers – on a truly global scale – a fully integrated portfolio of Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification services.
- Located in 1,000+ laboratories and offices across the world.
- Our innovation-led, end-to-end Total Quality Assurance (‘TQA’) proposition helps organisations operate safely, effectively and with complete peace of mind in an increasingly complex, fast-changing world across all industries.
- A focused strategy and culture that gives employees the right platform to grow and develop their careers
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Development and career opportunities
- Working in a highly motivated team and dynamic working environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a CV, Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and Salary Expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org . All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the country before starting employment.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within four weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies