Regulatory Technical Editor(1)
Do you have experience in technical editing or writing? Are you a detail-oriented person with the ability to interpret and implement guidance documents? Are you interested in working with subject matter experts to help new food products reach the market? REGULATORY/TECHNICAL EDITOR & SUBMISSIONS COORDINATOR
Job Title: Regulatory Technical Editor
Job Code: FF1532
Job Category: Food
Job Location: Farnborough
ABOUT THE ROLE:
An opportunity has arisen for a Regulatory/Technical Editor & Submissions Coordinator to join the UK Food & Nutrition team of Intertek Heath, Environmental and Regulatory Services (HERS). The UK Food and Nutrition team provides regulatory support to clients in the food industry to bring new ingredients to market in Europe.
The Regulatory/Technical Editor & Submissions Coordinator will assist the team in the finalisation and submission of food/feed-related applications, all of which must be submitted via complex online systems.
Examples of application documents include but are not limited to: Food Additive Applications, Novel Food Applications, Food Enzyme Applications, Clinical Study Reports, Literature Summaries. The Regulatory/Technical Editor & Submissions Coordinator will edit application dossiers and will work with subject matter experts to prepare/upload all elements of an electronic submission, abiding by regulatory requirements. The Regulatory/Technical Editor & Submissions Coordinator will finalise electronic submissions and will be responsible for tracking the status of each submission. They will also be responsible for keeping the team updated about new technical requirements as they become available. The Regulatory/Technical Editor & Submissions Coordinator will also support the wider Food & Nutrition editing team for other jurisdictions (e.g., Canada, United States, Australia/New Zealand). The Regulatory/Technical Editor & Submissions Coordinator will also provide general support to the European Director with respect to organisation of ongoing European projects. This is an extremely varied role, dealing with multiple stakeholders, to support a cross-functional team in the technical aspects of regulatory submission and stewardship.
This permanent, full time position is based in Farnborough, Hampshire, with easy access to the M3, and direct train service to London Waterloo. The site offers an on-site gym, along with a coffee shop and restaurant. We offer flexibility on location in the UK but with a requirement for travel to our sites (including Farnborough) on a regular basis as the business necessitates so a willingness to travel is a prerequisite.
The health and safety of employees is paramount to Intertek. The Intertek HERS UK Office encourages employees to adopt and pursue healthy lifestyle options, providing enhanced annual leave and offering a Total Wellness package of health and wellbeing services to support this approach.
Intertek’s passionate and entrepreneurial culture inspires employees to be Ever Better, to own and shape their future whilst giving them the freedom, power and tools to develop a learning and development pathway that is unique to them. From their unique Skills for Success management and leadership development programme, which enables employees to gain skills and recognised qualifications to deliver 10X Performance, to Learning Leadership Labs that allow a learning experience for new and future leaders to support innovation and engage their people through collaborative quality conversations, Intertek has amazing opportunities waiting just for you!
Intertek rewards its people equitably for their responsibilities, performance, potential and contribution to the business. This includes for every employee an enhanced Maternity & Adoption Benefits package of up to 16 weeks full pay, flexible solutions for returning to work, a Pension scheme and life assurance package up to 6 times annual salary. Aligned to their 10X Energies, which help define their winning behaviour, they also recognise and reward their employees via a colleague to colleague recognition programme.
- Post-secondary education in English, technical communication, editing, or equivalent
- Broad experience editing or writing (experience in life sciences is considered an asset)
- Experience collaborating with subject matter experts to produce clear, concise communication products
- Comfortable providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Keen eye for detail, with the ability to follow strict formatting and submission guidelines
- Strong computer skills; able to navigate new platforms with confidence and ease
- Organised and self-disciplined, with the ability to work independently while balancing multiple deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Team player
- Global pioneers in the Quality Assurance industry, they are the only company in the world that delivers – on a truly global scale – a fully integrated portfolio of Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification services.
- Located in 1,000+ laboratories and offices across the world.
- Our innovation-led, end-to-end Total Quality Assurance (‘TQA’) proposition helps organisations operate safely, effectively and with complete peace of mind in an increasingly complex, fast-changing world across all industries.
- A focused strategy and culture that gives employees the right platform to grow and develop their careers
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a CV, Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and Salary Expectations to email@example.com . All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the UK before starting employment.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within four weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies.