Are you BSc/ MSc/ PhD qualified or equivalent in Biochemistry/ Chemistry or another related subject? Do you have a solid background and proficiency working with LC-MS and the quantification of small molecules in the analysis of biopharmaceuticals? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company?
Job Title: Senior Scientist
Job Code: CP1417
Job Category: Laboratory
Job Location: Melbourn, Cambridgeshire
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist – Small Molecule LC-MS to join our dynamic team. You will have a background in BSc / MSc/ PhD in Biochemistry/Chemistry with a working knowledge of LC-MS quantification. This is great opportunity to grow your career and develop your skills further.
- Utilise your skillset and knowledge to act as an integral member of the Small Molecule Quantification team within the laboratory
- Carry out quantification of small molecules (<1000 Da) at trace level in a wide range of pharmaceutical and biological sample matrices using LC-MS.
- Be involved in the testing of residual antibiotics, monomers, acrylamide, amines, excipients, peptides fatty acids and phospholipids
- Perform method development, technical transfer of customer supplied methods, validation, stability trials and batch analysis.
- Working as a more senior member of the team you will provide guidance and support to more junior members of the team, passing on your knowledge and experience.
Intertek rewards its people equitably for their responsibilities, performance, potential and contribution to the business. This includes for every employee an enhanced Maternity & Adoption Benefits package of up to 16 weeks full pay, flexible solutions for returning to work, a Pension scheme and life assurance package up to 6 times annual salary. Aligned to their 10X Energies, which help define their winning behaviour, they also recognise and reward their employees via a colleague to colleague recognition programme.
- BSc / MSc/ PhD in Biochemistry/Chemistry (or related scientific discipline) is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience of LC-MS quantification is essential.
- Comprehensive experience and theoretical understanding of both liquid chromatography and a variety of sample clean-up procedures would be advantageous.
- Experience of working in a GxP regulatory laboratory with strong understanding of GMP principles.
- Strong method development and validation experience
- Good practical laboratory and problem-solving skills
- Good IT literacy skills
- Clear written and verbal communications skills
- Able to build rapport, quickly and effectively
- Global pioneers in the Quality Assurance industry, they are the only company in the world that delivers – on a truly global scale – a fully integrated portfolio of Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification services.
- Over 46,000 employees located in 1,000+ laboratories and offices across the world.
- Our innovation-led, end-to-end Total Quality Assurance (‘TQA’) proposition helps organisations operate safely, effectively and with complete peace of mind in an increasingly complex, fast-changing world across all industries.
- A focused strategy and culture that gives employees the right platform to grow and develop their careers
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Development and career opportunities
- Working in a highly motivated team and dynamic working environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please provide a CV, Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and Salary Expectations to email@example.com . All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the UK before starting employment.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies.