Exporters of Electrical products to Eurasian Economic Union new regulations on Hazardous Substances
Compliance of Electrical products with RoHS requirements of the EAEU TR 037/2016
Starting from March 1st, 2018 the Eurasian Economic Union Technical Regulations "On Restriction of the Use of Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Radioelectronic Products" (EAEU TR 037/2016) will come into force.
List of products subject to the EAEU TR 037/2016:
- Electrical apparatus and appliances for domestic use.
- Electronic computers and devices connected to them, including their combinations.
- Means of telecommunication (terminal telecommunication devices).
- Copiers and other electrical office (office) equipment.
- Electronic tools (manual and portable electric machines).
- Sources of light and light equipment, including equipment, built into furniture.
- Electro musical tools.
- Game and trading automatic machines.
- Cash registers, ticket-printing machines, ID card readers, ATMs, information kiosks.
- Cables, wires and cords intended for use at a rated voltage of not more than 500 V AC and / or DC, except for fiber optic cables.
- Automatic switches and residual current devices.
- Fire, security and fire-security detectors.
The general requirements for products regulated by the scope of the EAEU TR 037/2016 specify the content of hazardous substances in electrical and radio electronic products with permissible concentration in homogeneous materials used in the construction of these products.
Labeling and operational documents requirements
Marking information and operating manuals must be made in Russian and in an official language(s) of the member(s) state(s) of the EAEU, if this is required by the laws of the member(s) state(s) of the Eurasian Economic Union.
The conformity of products with the requirements of the EAEU TR 037/2016 is ensured by meeting the limits of use of hazardous substances in them.
Products must undergo conformity assessment of products.
Form of conformity assessment is the Declaration of Conformity (EAEU RoHS DoC)
In case when the electrical products have not confirmed the requirements of this Technical Regulation EAEU TR 037/2016, as well as the requirements of other Technical Regulations of the EAEU (EAEU TR 004/2011, EAEU TR 020/2011, etc.), it should not be marked by the conformity mark (EAC mark) for product circulation in the EAEU.
Applicable conformity mark - “EAC” mark:
The transition period for the EAEU TR 037/2016 is from March 1st, 2018 to March 1st, 2020. During the transition period the electrical and radio electronic products can be put on the EAEU market without mandatory confirmation of compliance with the EAEU TR 037/2016. At the same time, the EAEU RoHS DoC can be accepted by the manufacturer’s local representative on a voluntary basis starting from March 1st, 2018.
Need help or have a question?
- +44 1277 223400
- Asia Pacific:
- +852 2310 9923
- +1 305 513 3000