PVoC (Pre-Export Verification of Conformity) for Exports to Uganda
Exporting to Uganda? You now require a Certificate of Conformity for products regulated under the Uganda Pre-Export Verification of Conformity to Standards Programme (PVoC).
To assure its consumers of the quality and safety of imported goods, the Government of Uganda through the Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) implemented a series of guidelines known as a Pre-Export Verification of Conformity to Standards Programme (PVoC).
The PVoC verifies the conformity of all regulated products and enforces their standards.
The benefits of the PVoC are:
- Simplify customs clearance process.
- Avert the importation of unsafe, sub-standard and/or counterfeit goods
- Guarantees value for money since goods are inspected and tested before export.
- Offers consumers and other stakeholders with added confidence.
- Offers your company a competitive edge.
- Reduces the risk of the domestic market becoming a dumping ground for nonconforming products
- Safeguards local producers & Industry from unfair competition
- Protect consumer’s health and safety and the environment
Compliance to PVoC requirements are applicable in addition to any existing import processes. Every consignment of regulated products exported to Uganda must have a Certificate of Conformity.
Intertek is authorised by the Government of Uganda to issue the Certificates of Conformity.