Intertek’s RoHS Assurance team provides guidance in regulatory, supply chain, and technical RoHS compliance requirements in the UAE.
As a Notified Body for UAE RoHS, Intertek can assist you with ensuring compliance to this complex requirement.
As of January 1, 2018 (the first deadline for the date of application of mandatory substance restrictions), it is now necessary to obtain a Certificate of Conformity under the ECAS program for RoHS to place in scope, electrical and electronic products on the UAE market.
From January 1, 2020, the RoHS regulation to control hazardous substances in electrical and electronic devices (EEE) scope will be extended and restrictions on four new phthalates (DEHP, BBP, DBP, DIBP) will come into effect and be enforced. Manufacturers, authorised representatives, retailers, and importers will need to assess their products and supply chains to better understand the specifications and composition of materials used.
With Intertek’s RoHS advisory and strategy services, companies can effectively:
- Manage RoHS compliance strategy and risks
- Ensure RoHS requirements are properly applied and met for your products
- Educate your employees on RoHS obligations and requirements
- Develop and sustain a competitive advantage
- Protect your brand
- Minimize business impacts such as loss of sales, product recall, and obsolete inventory
Learn more about the Emirates Conformity Assessment System (ECAS) for UAE.