REACH Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Services
Intertek offers its customers end-to-end solutions for authoring and updating safety data sheets for REACH compliance.
The European Union’s complex REACH (Registration, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals - 1907/2006/EC) Regulation was implemented to control the use of hazardous substances in the EU market to protect human health and the environment.
One component of the REACH Regulation is the requirement for safety data sheets, intended for hazard communication with the entire supply chain of the physico-chemical data, potential hazards, and procedures for safe use of chemicals. Annex II of the REACH Regulation provides the detailed requirements and format for safety data sheets for substances and mixtures. The information in the SDS should be consistent with the chemical safety report (CSR).
Safety data sheets (SDS) should be provided either before or at the time of first delivery of the substance or mixture. If new information on hazards or risk management measures becomes available, the safety data sheet should be updated without delay. Manufacturers, importers, distributors, and downstream users must make sure their current and future safety data sheets for substances and mixtures comply with the REACH Regulation (1907/2006/EC) to keep their products on the EU market.
REACH Safety Data Sheet Services
Intertek’s team of global REACH experts can help your company and its supply chain effectively and efficiently ensure your Safety Data Sheets are REACH compliant. Our services include:
- Review of current Safety Data Sheet against REACH Regulation requirements
- Collection of required data:
- Current inventory of Safety Data Sheet
- List of countries of exportation
- Full composition data
- Physico-chemical information (where available)
- Toxicological and environmental properties (where available)
- Full contact details of SDS responsible party (manufacturer, distributor, or importer)
- Identification of gaps and required changes
- Gap closure for missing data fields
- Conversion of current SDS into REACH compliant format
- Delivery of completed SDS for use and distribution
- Translation into alternative languages as required
Need help or have a question?
- +1 905 542 2900
- +33 (0)2 79 23 03 46
- +39 051 0562930
- +44 116 2961588
- +46 8750 03 56
- +49 711 27311 160
- +81 3 5643 8633
- +86 21 5339 7903
- S. & Central Asia / MidEast
- +91 82 9104 9593
- +91 22 6797 6982