REACH Importer Obligations
Importer regulatory compliance requirements with EU REACH Regulation
If you are an importer of substances alone, in preparations or articles in quantities over 1 tonne per annum, you must comply with REACH. Below are your specific obligations:
- REACH Pre-Registration: Take advantage of the Pre-registration period to register all "phase-in" substances between June 1, 2008 and December 1, 2008. View complete REACH Timeline.
- For substances over 1 tonne per annum, submit a Technical Dossier containing information on the properties, uses, classification of a substance and guidance for safe use.
- For substances over 10 tonne per annum, submit a Chemical Safety Report (CSR) containing information on use scenarios, risk assessment on human and environmental exposure and risk management procedures.
- If the substances are classified as an Substance of Very High Concern (SVHC) an authorisation is required with information for substance usage and risk. For articles you are required to notify the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).
- Engage in Substance Information Exchange Forum (SIEF). SIEF requires you to share data with participants on existing studies, support data request from participants and collectively support future studies and actions.
- Maintain a database of all substances related information for at least 10 years from the date you manufactured the substance or preparation.
- Communicate exposure information to downstream users via Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Intertek Services for EU REACH Compliance
Intertek offers a comprehensive REACH services portfolio to support your compliance strategy:
- REACH Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) Services
- REACH Registration Services
- Registration with European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
- 'Only Representation' for companies outside the EU
- REACH Consulting Services
- REACH Testing Services
- Data Gathering Services
- Program Management
- Data Gathering from Supply Chain
- Documentation Services
- Reporting Services
- Reporting of ongoing requirements to European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
- Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) Services
Need help or have a question?
- +86 (22) 83712202
- +82 (0)2 2109 1250
- +91 8291049593
- 0800 5855888
- +49 711 27311 152
- +31 88 126 8888
- Wilton UK:
- +44 1642 435 788
- +33 (0) 385 99 12 80
- +46 8 750 00 00
- +39 051 0562931