REACH Distributor Obligations
If you are distributor of substances alone, in preparations or articles in quantities over 1 tonne per annum, you have certain obligations towards meeting REACH compliance requirements. Below are your specific obligations:
- You do not have to register the substances you use provided the substance is registered. If the substance is not registered it will not be available for use in the EU markets.
- Engage in Substance Information Exchange Forum (SIEF). SIEF requires you to share data with participants on existing studies, support data request from participants and collectively support future studies and actions.
- Implement risk mitigation measures recommended by your suppliers.
- Maintain a database of all substances related information for at least 10 years from the date you manufactured the substance or preparation.
- Communicate exposure information to downstream users via Safety Data Sheets.
Intertek REACH Services
Intertek offers a comprehensive REACH services portfolio to support your compliance strategy:
- Registration Services
- Registration with European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
- 'Only Representation' for companies outside the EU
- REACH Consulting Services
- Analysis of Key Details
- Determination of Responsibilities
- Determination of Timelines
- Creation of Compliance Strategy
- Creation of Decision Tree
- Pre-registration support
- QSAR Prediction
- In Vitro Prediction Models
- REACH Testing Services
- Data Gathering Services
- Program Management
- Data Gathering from Supply Chain
- Documentation Services
- Reporting Services
- Reporting of ongoing requirement to European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
- Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) Services
Need help or have a question?
- +86 (22) 83712202
- +82 (0)2 2109 1250
- +91 8291049593
- 0800 5855888
- +49 711 27311 152
- +31 88 126 8888
- Wilton UK:
- +44 1642 435 788
- +33 (0) 385 99 12 80
- +46 8 750 00 00
- +39 051 0562931