Exporting/Importing Cosmetics to Saudi Arabia - SFDA Prohibited and Restricted Substances
Prohibited, Restricted Substances, Colouring Agents, Preservatives and UV filters in Cosmetic Products notified by the SFDA.
Further to the enforcement of SFDA Annex II concerning list of Prohibited substances in Cosmetic Products from 11th May 2020, the Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has announced the below timeline for the enforcement of other SFDA Annexes concerning the safety regulations for Restricted Substances, Colouring Agents, Colouring Agents, Preservatives and UV filters in Cosmetic Products:
Click on the links below to download the SFDA Annexes listed. Enforcement for all is the 1st January 2021.
- SFDA Annex II - List of Substances Prohibited in Cosmetic Products
- SFDA Annex III – List of substances which cosmetic products must not contain except subject to the restrictions laid down
- SFDA Annex IV – List of Colorants allowed in Cosmetic Products
- SFDA Annex V – List of Preservatives allowed in Cosmetic Products
- SFDA Annex VI – List of UV filters allowed in Cosmetic Products
It may be noted that these Annexes differ in their content when compared to the Annexes listed under the Standard GSO 1943/2016 - Safety Requirements of Cosmetics and Personal Care Products.
Until the enforcement date, compliance to the safety regulations listed in Annex III through Annex VI of the Standard GSO 1943/2016 is mandatory after which compliance verification will be subjected to the requirements listed in SFDA Annexes.