Carbon Footprinting Services
In 2006, the Stern Review on the economics of climate change reported that if no action is taken to reduce global carbon emissions, average temperatures are likely to rise by more than 2 degrees Celsius by 2035. Such changes would alter the physical and human geography of the world, affecting where and how people live.
The increasing threat of global warming alongside the legislative pressures to reduce carbon emissions have led to the development of clear methodologies and standards relating to the measurement and reduction of carbon footprints.
To provide consistency in measurement and clarity in labelling the UK carbon trust have developed a footprinting process for products and services that uses a consistent tool, methodology and database. Intertek are a registered and trained user of Footprint Expert™, the tool developed by the Carbon Trust, and therefore we can:
- Provide carbon footprints for products and services in line with the PAS2050 carbon footprinting standard.
- Guide you through the process of accreditation and certification allowing the use of a Carbon Trust Label with your product or service.
- A Carbon Reduction Plan to instigate improvement and maintain a carbon reduction label.
To understand organisational emission, the Green House Gas (GHG) Protocol is the definitive international accounting tool for government and business leaders to understand, quantify and manage green house gas emissions. This allows for a company wide assessment and comparison of GHG emissions. To do this we can:
- Conduct an initial assessment of your organisations direct (scope 1) and indirect (scope 2 & 3) GHG emissions.
- Provide you with a framework to manage and reduce your GHG emissions.
- Review and evaluate your emissions and targets on an annual basis.
To complement this process we can develop an excel based tool and measurement framework so that future assessment can be conducted in-house. Intertek also provides carbon footprinting evaluation services for US carbon footprinting.
- Carbon Foot print
- Environmental Sustainability Solutions
- Intertek Carbon Offset Program
- Stack Emission Measurement
- Environmental Emission Monitoring Services
- GHG Validation and Verification Services
- Environmental Services for the Automotive Industry
- Social Responsibility Services
- Life Cycle Analysis
- EHS Management and Compliance Solutions
- Corporate Social Responsibility Assistance
- Sustainable Packaging Solution Support
- Health and Environmental Services
Sustainability Solutions for:
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Construction and Building Industry
- Food and Drink Industry
- Consumer Healthcare & Cosmetics
- Automotive Industry
- Civil Engineering Sector
Need help or have a question?
- +86 (22) 83712202
- +82 (0)2 2109 1250
- +91 8291049593
- 0800 5855888
- +49 711 27311 152
- +31 88 126 8888
- Wilton UK:
- +44 1642 435 788
- +46 8 750 00 00