Solar Thermal System Testing
Intertek provides certification services for Solar Thermal products through our network of laboratories including testing to various standards such as SRCC SD 100, OG 100, and EN 12975-1
Solar Thermal is one of the fastest growing technologies in the renewable energy market. Intertek’s lab in Guangzhou, China and Solar Thermal lab in Dallas, Texas provide manufacturers with faster access to global markets.
Intertek conducts all tests required for the SRCC Mark in the US and the cETL Mark in Canada. Intertek also provides material testing for CSA requirements.
Intertek provides certification services for both glazed and unglazed types of solar collectors.
- Liquid Collector Static Pressure Leakage Test
- Air Collector Static Pressure Leakage Test
- Outdoor No Flow Exposure Test
- Thermal Performance
- Uniform Positive and Negative Load Tests
- Air Collector Rupture or Collapse Test
Certification Marks We Issue
- Europe Solar Keymark
- US SRCC Certification
- China Golden Sun Mark
- Canada cETL
- Australia StandardsMark and WaterMark
Quick Facts for Solar Thermal Products
Main Standards for Solar Thermal Industry
|Europe||EN 12975-1||Thermal Solar Systems and Components - Solar Collectors Part 1: General Requirements|
|Europe||EN 12975-1||Thermal Solar Systems and Components - Solar Collectors Part 2: Test Methods|
|Global||ISO 9806-1||Test Methods for Solar Collectors Part 1: Thermal Performance of Glazed Liquid Heating Collectors incl. Pressure Drop|
|Global||ISO 9806-2||Test Methods for Solar Collectors Part 2: Qualification Test Procedure|
|Global||ISO 9806-3||Test Methods for Solar Collectors Part 3: Thermal Performance of Unglazed Liquid Heating Collectors (Sensitive Heat Transfer Only) incl. Pressure Drop|
|United States||SRCC Standard 100-08||Test Methods and Minimum Standards for Certifying Solar Collectors|
|United States||SRCC Document RM-1||Methodology for Determining the Thermal Performance Rating for Solar Collectors|
|China||GB/T 4271||Testing Method for the Thermal Performance of Flat Plate Solar Collectors|
|China||GB/T 6424||Flat Plate Solar Collectors|
Need help or have a question?
Guide to Solar Thermal Certification
Free Quick Tips for Solar Thermal Certification, including SRCC, CSA, ISO, and more. Download.
- Quick Facts for Solar Thermal Products Fact Sheet
- Building Integrated PV Testing Fact Sheet
- Solar Thermal System Testing Fact Sheet
- Electroluminescence Imaging of PV Modules Fact Sheet
- PV Module Testing, Certification & Declarations Fact Sheet
- Photovoltaic Panel & Module Compliance to IEC 61730
- UN 38.3 and the Transportation of Lithium Batteries: A Webinar Series
- Smart Inverter Communication Protocol: Sunspec CSIP & IEEE 2030.5 Compliance Webinar
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Advanced Inverter Evaluation to ANSI/UL 1741 Fact Sheet