Please be aware of unauthorized and fraudulent recruiting communication using the Intertek name and logo. These fraudulent communications have been sent to individuals through various channels, such as job boards and social media (i.e. ZipRecruiter, Facebook) or by email solicitation in which individuals are encouraged to provide personal and/or financial information. This could harm or place individual’s private information and identity at risk of disclosure or misuse.
While these offers may appear legitimate, it is important to keep the following in mind if you have received a solicitation of employment claiming to be from Intertek:
- Intertek will never request fees as part of an offer or employment – you should never respond to a request that asks you to provide any form of payment or “application fee;”
- Emails will never be sent from an email address such as Hotmail, Yahoo, or Gmail, etc.;
- Email communications from Intertek will never request sensitive financial or personal information such as social security number, passport information, date of birth, credit card numbers, banking information, etc. during the recruitment cycle.
- Only submit an application for employment at Intertek by going to www.intertek.com/careers. Verify any links that may be sent in an email to ensure you are not directed to a fraudulent site.
- All individuals who are successful in gaining an offer of employment from Intertek are always required to go through a formal recruitment process, which will involve a phone call and a meeting in person with an Intertek employee.
If you are suspicious of the authenticity of a communication you received regarding employment with Intertek, please contact us at 713-543-3753.
For more information on employment scams: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams