Microbial Control Limits of Cosmetics
Microbial contamination in cosmetics may cause spoilage or chemical changes, hence rendering the products unsafe to the user.
Common test methods include:
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Chapter <61>
- British Pharmacopoeia (BP) Appendix XVIB
- European Pharmacopoeia (EP) Chapters 2.6.2 and 2.6.3
- United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Bacteriological Analytical Manual Chapter 23
- Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association (CTFA) Microbiology Guidelines,
- European Cosmetic Toiletry and Perfumery Association (Colipa) Guidelines on Microbial Quality Management
Intertek also offers exclusive healthcare and beauty product research and development solutions as well as production and supply chain strategies to ensure the utmost quality and safety of your cosmetics, toiletries, Over-the-Counter (OTC) drugs, therapeutic goods, and more.
Need help or have a question?
- N. America
- +1 561 989 7294
- +33 2 78 94 01 78
- +852 2173 8888
- +44 (0)116 263 0330