Taiwan – New BSMI Certification Requirements for Children's Cots
Vol. 1131 | January 24, 2020
The Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI) of Taiwan has approved the new certification requirements for children’s cots and folding cots.
Children’s cots and folding cots for domestic use with an internal length between 900 mm and 1400 mm shall be subject to the BSMI certification. Carry cots, cribs and cradles are excluded.
The products concerned shall be tested according to CNS 11676:2019 Children's cots and folding cots for domestic use, which is technically based on the ISO counterpart ISO 7175:2019 (Parts 1 and 2).
For conformity assessment, products shall follow either:
- Batch-by-Batch Inspection (Type Approval); or
- Registration of Product Certification (RPC) Scheme, which involves:
- Product type-test by BSMI or BSMI-designated laboratories;
- Product registration at BSMI; and
- Declaration of Conformity issued by the manufacturer or importer
The BSMI will accept certification applications from 1 March 2020. Both domestic and imported products to be marketed in Taiwan shall comply with the above requirements from 1 September 2020.
For additional information please contact:
+852 3760 6361