Product Recall Services
Intertek has played a significant role in the development of product recall best practices and risk assessment techniques.
By applying our knowledge, experience, and best practices to your business, you will be able to clearly navigate through the recall process helping to ensure that you efficiently and effectively protect your revenue, brand, and customer loyalty.
A product recall does not have to become a crisis if managed promptly and effectively. When a product recall or corrective action is correctly managed, brand reputation and customer loyalty will not be affected long term.
Our Product Recall and Corrective Action Management Services include:
- Product testing to identify safety issues
- Risk assessment services
- Assistance in meeting the requirements of the European General Product Safety Directive
- Script writing for press releases, call centers, internal & external communications
- Product disposal
- Project management services including reporting and cost analysis
- Experience analysis to more effectively plan for potential future product recalls
Product Recall Web Sites
These web sites provide the general public with details on product recalls and other safety information:
- Health Canada Advisories, Warnings and Recalls
- Technical Standards & Safety Authority: Product Recalls