Pesticides Scientific and Regulatory Support
Our experience as scientific and regulatory experts, encompasses a wide range of pesticide products
Pesticides are a broad group of substances that are used to control or repel a wide range of “pests”, including plants, insects, microbes, and animals in relation to agricultural, industrial, and consumer environments. Globally, this market is a multi-billion dollar a year industry that is continuously researching innovative new products that improve efficiency in agricultural production and protecting consumer health through effective pest control products. However, it is well-known by those in the industry that this process can be challenging, with many regulatory hurdles, and strategic obstacles that can cause costly financial and time-to-market delays.
Intertek is specifically positioned to provide:
- Comprehensive, strategic insights into gaining efficient market approvals in targeted global jurisdictions,
- Regulatory support in researching, compiling, and trouble-shooting regulatory approvals for new products and amendments/renewals for existing products,
- Where feasible, researching and writing read-across or waiver arguments to avoid costly testing requirements,
- When needed, placing, evaluating, and monitoring safety and efficacy studies in support of regulatory submissions,
- Monitor and calculate pesticide residue tolerance limits for foods, and
- Fulfill the role of Canadian Representative and US Agent for companies outside of these jurisdictions.
Our experience as scientific and regulatory experts, encompasses a wide range of pesticide products including, pest control active ingredients and end-use products, insect repellents, cleansers, detergents, sanitizers, disinfectants, antimicrobials, biopesticides, plant growth regulators, material preservatives, as well as process and freshwater treatment chemicals.