Intertek provides GPS Testing for specific sections of TIA-916.
Intertek has the experienced staff and facilities—including a Spirent C2K rack with GPS testing capabilities and a fully anechoic chamber to support testing equipment for accurate results. Our quality testing and quick turnaround also helps you meet product cycle deadlines.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. has worked to improve the quality and reliability of 911 emergency services with the Wireless Communications and Public Safety Act of 1999. As part of this, the FCC has required wireless service providers to implement enhanced 911 services. One requirement of this Act is the implementation of an assisted Global Positioning System (GPS).
We provide testing support for specific sections of TIA-916 that evaluate various performance attributes of wireless handsets and other devices, including:
- section 184.108.40.206 for GPS accuracy
- section 220.127.116.11 for GPS dynamic range
- section 18.104.22.168 for GPS sensitivity
- section 22.214.171.124 for GPS multipath accuracy
- section 126.96.36.199 for moving scenario GPS accuracy
- section 3.2.1 for advanced forward link trilateration (AFLT) accuracy
- section 3.2.2 for AFLT sensitivity
Request more information to see how Intertek can help your organization with GPS Testing.